Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pickpockets in Barcelona

The conference organizers warned us that there were lots of pickpockets in Barcelona so I was pretty careful, or so I thought.

I carried my purse close to me and it is a zip up purse. Well, that was not enough. As I was walking along the street with a friend at about 6 pm, I suddenly felt something behind me and it was three women and one of them had her hand in my purse which was hanging my my side. I swung around and smacked her hard and yelled at the top of my lungs, "Get out of here," much to my own surprise, and she ran off. I was shocked at my own reaction but it worked. I must have been trained somewhere but I don't remember. Fortunately, she did not get my wallet, but she did get my little notebook with notes (hope she likes Open Education).




No comments:

Post a Comment